Katrina Annemarie Giannoni is an active member of our German community.
Her enthusiasm of the German Culture runs generations deep. Her great-grandfather, Adam Bechtloff and Uncle Christian Schreiner were long time active members of the American Aid Society; and her family is current members also in the Donauschwaben. She is very involved.
- Katrina, attended Dank North Krabbelgruppe and DANK North German School
- She is a former Donauschwaben Kindergruppe member
- Miss Donauschwaben 2016-2017
- Currently an active member of Donauschwaben Jugendgruppe
- Singer with Deutsch-Amerikanischer Kinderchor
- National Anthem Singer for Maifest Chicago and German Day Fest
- Dancer with Rheinische Verein Amazonen
- German Day Delegate, for the Club of Antioch
- Katrina was recognized by the Archdiocese of Chicago for their Youth Leadership award
- and she received the Archdiocese of Chicago Catechesis award for being the youngest catechist at her church
- Armin Homann scholarship recipient
- Oma Abt Youth Heritage award winner
Katrina is currently a pharmacy tech and medical assistant while attending North Park University School of Nursing holding current on the Dean’s List. She is a Board member for the Student Nurses Association of North Park University.
Lastly, Katrina also received the German Day Certificate of Appreciation and is honored; now she can show her appreciation to the German Day Association for the Steuben Parade.